Nebraska Revised Statute 44-1096
Chapter 44 Section 1096
Standards of valuation.
(1) Standards of valuation for certificates issued prior to one year after September 6, 1985, shall be those standards provided by the laws applicable immediately prior to September 6, 1985.
(2) The minimum standards of valuation for certificates issued on or after one year from September 6, 1985, shall be based on the following tables:
(a) For certificates of life insurance: (i) The Commissioner's 1941 Standard Ordinary Mortality Table; (ii) the Commissioner's 1941 Standard Industrial Mortality Table; (iii) the Commissioner's 1958 Standard Ordinary Mortality Table; (iv) the Commissioner's 1980 Standard Ordinary Mortality Table; or (v) any more recent table made applicable to life insurers; and
(b) For annuity and pure endowment certificates, total and permanent disability benefits, accidental death benefits, and noncancelable accident and health benefits, such tables as are authorized for use by life insurers in this state.
All of the standards of valuation listed in this subsection shall be under valuation methods and standards, including interest assumptions, in accordance with the laws of this state applicable to life insurers issuing policies containing like benefits.
(3) The Director of Insurance may, in his or her discretion, accept other standards for valuation if he or she finds that the reserves produced thereby will not be less in the aggregate than reserves computed in accordance with the minimum valuation standard prescribed in this section. The director may, in his or her discretion, vary the standards of mortality applicable to all benefit contracts on substandard lives or other extra hazardous lives by any society authorized to do business in this state.
(4) Any society, with the consent of the Director of Insurance of the state of domicile of the society and under such conditions, if any, which he or she may impose, may establish and maintain reserves on its certificates in excess of the reserves required, but the contractual rights of any benefit member shall not be affected thereby.
- Laws 1985, LB 508, § 25.
- Mortality tables, see Appendix.