Nebraska Revised Statute 43-4705
Chapter 43 Section 4705
Caregiver; use reasonable and prudent parent standard; considerations.
Each caregiver shall use the reasonable and prudent parent standard in determining whether to give permission for a child to participate in extracurricular, enrichment, cultural, and social activities. When using the reasonable and prudent parent standard, the caregiver shall consider:
(1) The child’s goals and input;
(2) To the extent possible, the input of the parent of the child;
(3) The child’s age, maturity, and developmental level to maintain the overall health and safety of the child;
(4) The potential risk factors and the appropriateness of the extracurricular, enrichment, cultural, or social activity;
(5) The best interests of the child, based on information known by the caregiver;
(6) The importance of encouraging the child’s emotional and developmental growth;
(7) The importance of providing the child with the most family-like living experience possible;
(8) The behavioral history of the child and the child’s ability to safely participate in the proposed activity;
(9) The child’s personal and cultural identity; and
(10) The individualized needs of the child.