Nebraska Revised Statute 39-2814
Chapter 39 Section 2814
Request for proposals for design-build contract; elements.
The department shall prepare a request for proposals for each design-build contract. The request for proposals shall contain, at a minimum, the following elements:
(1) The guidelines adopted by the department in accordance with section 39-2811. The identification of a publicly accessible location of the guidelines, either physical or electronic, shall be considered compliance with this subdivision;
(2) The proposed terms and conditions of the design-build contract, including any terms and conditions which are subject to further negotiation;
(3) A project statement which contains information about the scope and nature of the project;
(4) A statement regarding alternative technical concepts including the process and time period in which such concepts may be submitted, confidentiality of the concepts, and ownership of the rights to the intellectual property contained in such concepts;
(5) Project performance criteria;
(6) Budget parameters for the project;
(7) Any bonding and insurance required by law or as may be additionally required by the department;
(8) The criteria for evaluation of proposals and the relative weight of each criterion. The criteria shall include, but are not limited to, the cost of the work, construction experience, design experience, and the financial, personnel, and equipment resources available for the project. The relative weight to apply to any criterion shall be at the discretion of the department based on each project, except that in all cases, the cost of the work shall be given a relative weight of at least fifty percent;
(9) A requirement that the design-builder provide a written statement of the design-builder's proposed approach to the design and construction of the project, which may include graphic materials illustrating the proposed approach to design and construction and shall include price proposals;
(10) A requirement that the design-builder agree to the following conditions:
(a) At the time of the design-build proposal, the design-builder must furnish to the department a written statement identifying the architect or engineer who will perform the architectural or engineering work for the project. The architect or engineer engaged by the design-builder to perform the architectural or engineering work with respect to the project must have direct supervision of such work and may not be removed by the design-builder prior to the completion of the project without the written consent of the department;
(b) At the time of the design-build proposal, the design-builder must furnish to the department a written statement identifying the general contractor who will provide the labor, material, supplies, equipment, and construction services. The general contractor identified by the design-builder may not be removed by the design-builder prior to completion of the project without the written consent of the department;
(c) A design-builder offering design-build services with its own employees who are design professionals licensed to practice in Nebraska must (i) comply with the Engineers and Architects Regulation Act by procuring a certificate of authorization to practice architecture or engineering and (ii) submit proof of sufficient professional liability insurance in the amount required by the department; and
(d) The rendering of architectural or engineering services by a licensed architect or engineer employed by the design-builder must conform to the Engineers and Architects Regulation Act; and
(11) Other information or requirements which the department, in its discretion, chooses to include in the request for proposals.
- Engineers and Architects Regulation Act, see section 81-3401.