Nebraska Revised Statute 38-165
Chapter 38 Section 165
Boards; public members; qualifications.
A public member of a board appointed under the Uniform Licensing Law prior to December 1, 2008, shall remain subject to the requirements of the original appointment until reappointed under the Uniform Credentialing Act. At the time of appointment and while serving as a board member, a public member appointed to a board on or after December 1, 2008, shall:
(1) Have been a resident of this state for one year;
(2) Remain a resident of Nebraska while serving as a board member;
(3) Have attained the age of nineteen years;
(4) Represent the interests and viewpoints of the public;
(5) Not hold an active credential in any profession or business which is subject to the Uniform Credentialing Act, issued in Nebraska or in any other jurisdiction, at any time during the five years prior to appointment;
(6) Not be eligible for appointment to a board which regulates a profession or business in which that person has ever held a credential;
(7) Not be or not have been, at any time during the year prior to appointment, an employee of a member of a profession credentialed by the department, of a facility credentialed pursuant to the Health Care Facility Licensure Act, of a business credentialed pursuant to the Uniform Credentialing Act, or of a business regulated by the board to which the appointment is being made;
(8) Not be the parent, child, spouse, or household member of any person presently regulated by the board to which the appointment is being made;
(9) Have no material financial interest in the profession or business regulated by such board; and
(10) Not be a member or employee of the legislative or judicial branch of state government.
- Health Care Facility Licensure Act, see section 71-401.