Nebraska Revised Statute 37-805
Chapter 37 Section 805
Commission; develop conservation programs; unlawful acts.
(1) The commission shall conduct investigations of nongame wildlife in order to develop information relating to population, distribution, habitat needs, limiting factors, and other biological and ecological data to determine conservation measures necessary to enable such nongame wildlife to sustain itself successfully. On the basis of such determinations the commission shall develop a list of nongame wildlife in need of conservation, issue proposed regulations not later than two years from August 24, 1975, and develop conservation programs designed to insure the continued ability of nongame wildlife in need of conservation to perpetuate itself successfully. The commission shall conduct continuing investigations of nongame wildlife.
(2) The commission shall establish such proposed limitations relating to the taking, possession, transportation, exportation from this state, processing, sale or offer for sale, or shipment as may be necessary to conserve such nongame wildlife.
(3) Except as provided in regulations issued by the commission, it shall be unlawful for any person to take, possess, transport, export, process, sell or offer for sale, or ship nongame wildlife in need of conservation pursuant to this section. Subject to the same exception, it shall further be unlawful for any person, other than a common or contract motor carrier under the jurisdiction of the Public Service Commission or the Interstate Commerce Commission knowingly to transport, ship, or receive for shipment nongame wildlife in need of conservation pursuant to this section.
- Laws 1975, LB 145, § 4;
- R.S.1943, (1993), § 37-433;
- Laws 1998, LB 922, § 355.