Nebraska Revised Statute 35-516
Chapter 35 Section 516
District; boundaries; change; procedure; merger.
(1) The boundaries of any rural or suburban fire protection district organized under sections 35-501 to 35-517 may be changed in the manner prescribed by section 35-514, but the changes of boundaries of any such district shall not impair or affect its organization or its right in or to property; nor shall it impair, affect, or discharge any contract, obligation, lien, or charge for or upon which it might be liable had such change of boundaries not been made.
(2) Any two or more rural or suburban fire protection districts may be merged by petition or resolution in the manner prescribed for annexation by section 35-514, and the resulting district shall succeed to all rights and property and be subject to any contracts, obligations, liens, or charges of the districts so merged.
- Laws 1949, c. 98, § 16, p. 270;
- Laws 1955, c. 128, § 10, p. 369;
- Laws 1961, c. 167, § 2, p. 499;
- Laws 1963, c. 197, § 1, p. 644;
- Laws 1996, LB 1085, § 50;
- Laws 1998, LB 1120, § 16.
No appeal having been taken from judgment in an error proceeding involving merger of two fire protection districts, it was conclusive of all matters which were or could have been raised therein and they cannot be relitigated in subsequent action for enforcement of that judgment. State ex rel. Southeast Rural Fire P. Dist. v. Grossman, 188 Neb. 424, 197 N.W.2d 398 (1972).