Nebraska Revised Statute 30-2202
Chapter 30 Section 2202
Purposes; rule of construction.
(a) This code shall be liberally construed and applied to promote its underlying purposes and policies.
(b) The underlying purposes and policies of this code are:
(1) to simplify and clarify the law concerning the affairs of decedents, missing persons, protected persons, minors, and incapacitated persons;
(2) to discover and make effective the intent of a decedent in distribution of his or her property;
(3) to promote a speedy and efficient system for liquidating the estate of the decedent and making distribution to his or her successors; and
(4) to make uniform the law among the various jurisdictions.
- Laws 1974, LB 354, § 2, UPC § 1-102;
- Laws 2003, LB 130, § 120.
The Nebraska Probate Code should be liberally construed to discover and make effective the intent of a decedent in the distribution of his property. DeVries v. Rix, 203 Neb. 392, 279 N.W.2d 89 (1979).