Nebraska Revised Statute 29-3915
Chapter 29 Section 3915
Persons entitled to representation.
The following persons who are financially unable to obtain counsel shall be entitled to be represented by a judicial district public defender:
(1) A person charged with a felony, including appeals from convictions for a felony;
(2) A person pursuing a postconviction proceeding under sections 29-3001 to 29-3004 after conviction of a felony, when the public defender after investigation concludes that there may be merit to such a proceeding or when the court in which such proceeding is pending directs the public defender to represent the person;
(3) A minor brought before the juvenile court when neither the minor nor his or her parent or guardian is able to afford counsel; and
- Laws 1969, c. 234, § 7, p. 865;
- R.S.1943, (1989), § 29-1805.07;
- Laws 1990, LB 822, § 33;
- Laws 1991, LB 830, § 29;
- Laws 2004, LB 1083, § 89.
- Nebraska Mental Health Commitment Act, see section 71-901.