Nebraska Revised Statute 29-2248
The association shall:
(1) Encourage development and implementation of uniform criteria for sentencing criminals;
(2) Participate in planning and presenting institutes and seminars for all judges in this state who sentence criminals or juveniles to discuss problems related to sentencing criminals or juveniles;
(3) Participate in planning and presenting orientation programs for new judges, such programs to include discussions of sentencing alternatives, procedures, and purposes;
(4) Visit from time to time correctional facilities of this state;
(5) Encourage creation and development of community resources of value to the probation system;
(6) Conduct such other programs of whatever nature of interest to its members;
(7) Exercise all powers and perform all duties necessary and proper to carry out its responsibilities; and
(8) Participate in planning and presenting institutes and seminars for all county employees who work in the judicial branch of government.
Laws 1971, LB 680, § 3;
Laws 1979, LB 536, § 2;
Laws 2001, LB 489, § 9.