Nebraska Revised Statute 28-327.01
Chapter 28 Section 327.01
Department of Health and Human Services; printed materials; duties; availability; Internet web site information.
(1) The Department of Health and Human Services shall cause to be published the following easily comprehensible printed materials:
(a) Geographically indexed materials designed to inform the woman of public and private agencies and services available to assist a woman through pregnancy, upon childbirth, and while the child is dependent, including adoption agencies and agencies and services for prevention of unintended pregnancies, which materials shall include a comprehensive list of the agencies available, a description of the services they offer, and a description of the manner, including telephone numbers and addresses in which such agencies may be contacted or printed materials including a toll-free, twenty-four-hour-a-day telephone number which may be called to orally obtain such a list and description of agencies in the locality of the caller and of the services they offer;
(b) Materials designed to inform the woman of the probable anatomical and physiological characteristics of the unborn child at two-week gestational increments from the time when a woman can be known to be pregnant to full term, including pictures or drawings representing the development of unborn children at the two-week gestational increments, and any relevant information on the possibility of the unborn child's survival. Any such pictures or drawings shall contain the dimensions of the unborn child and shall be realistic and appropriate for the stage of pregnancy depicted. The materials shall be objective, nonjudgmental, and designed to convey only accurate scientific information about the unborn child at the various gestational ages. The materials shall also contain objective information describing the methods of abortion procedures commonly employed, the medical risks commonly associated with each such procedure, the possible detrimental psychological effects of abortion, the medical risks commonly associated with abortion, and the medical risks commonly associated with carrying a child to term; and
(c) A comprehensive list of health care providers, facilities, and clinics that offer to have ultrasounds performed by a person at least as qualified as a registered nurse licensed under the Uniform Credentialing Act, including and specifying those that offer to perform such ultrasounds free of charge. The list shall be arranged geographically and shall include the name, address, hours of operation, and telephone number of each entity.
(2) The printed materials shall be printed in a typeface large enough to be clearly legible.
(3) The printed materials required under this section shall be available from the department upon the request by any person, facility, or hospital for an amount equal to the cost incurred by the department to publish the materials.
(4) The Department of Health and Human Services shall make available on its Internet web site a printable publication of geographically indexed materials designed to inform the woman of public and private agencies with services available to assist a woman with mental health concerns, following a risk factor evaluation. Such services shall include, but not be limited to, outpatient and crisis intervention services and crisis hotlines. The materials shall include a comprehensive list of the agencies available, a description of the services offered, and a description of the manner in which such agencies may be contacted, including addresses and telephone numbers of such agencies, as well as a toll-free, twenty-four-hour-a-day telephone number to be provided by the department which may be called to orally obtain the names of the agencies and the services they provide in the locality of the woman. The department shall update the publication as necessary.
- Uniform Credentialing Act, see section 38-101.