Nebraska Revised Statute 28-102
Chapter 28 Section 102
Purposes; principles of construction.
The general purposes of the provisions governing the definition of offenses are:
(1) To forbid and prevent conduct that unjustifiably and inexcusably inflicts or threatens substantial harm to individual or public interests;
(2) To subject to public control persons whose conduct indicates that they are disposed to commit crimes;
(3) To safeguard conduct that is without fault and which is essentially victimless in its effect from condemnation as criminal;
(4) To give fair warning of the nature of the conduct declared to constitute an offense; and
(5) To differentiate on reasonable grounds between serious and minor offenses.
- Laws 1977, LB 38, § 2.