Nebraska Revised Statute 25-2931
Chapter 25 Section 2931
For purposes of the Uniform Mediation Act:
(1) Mediation means a process in which a mediator facilitates communication and negotiation between parties to assist them in reaching a voluntary agreement regarding their dispute.
(2) Mediation communication means a statement, whether oral or in a record or verbal or nonverbal, that occurs during a mediation or is made for purposes of considering, conducting, participating in, initiating, continuing, or reconvening a mediation or retaining a mediator.
(3) Mediator means an individual who conducts a mediation.
(4) Nonparty participant means a person, other than a party or mediator, that participates in a mediation.
(5) Mediation party means a person that participates in a mediation and whose agreement is necessary to resolve the dispute.
(6) Person means an individual, corporation, business trust, estate, trust, partnership, limited liability company, association, joint venture, government, governmental subdivision, agency, or instrumentality, public corporation, or any other legal or commercial entity.
(7) Proceeding means:
(A) a judicial, administrative, arbitral, or other adjudicative process, including related prehearing and post-hearing motions, conferences, and discovery; or
(B) a legislative hearing or similar process.
(8) Record means information that is inscribed on a tangible medium or that is stored in an electronic or other medium and is retrievable in perceivable form.
(9) Sign means:
(A) to execute or adopt a tangible symbol with the present intent to authenticate a record; or
(B) to attach or logically associate an electronic symbol, sound, or process to or with a record with the present intent to authenticate a record.