Nebraska Revised Statute 23-3115
Chapter 23 Section 3115
Surplus personal property other than mobile equipment; surplus mobile equipment; sale; conditions.
(1) The county board or the purchasing agent, with the approval of the county board, may authorize a county official or employee to sell surplus personal property, other than mobile equipment, which is obsolete or not usable by the county and which has a value of less than two thousand five hundred dollars. In making such authorization, the county board or purchasing agent may place any restriction on the type or value of property to be sold, restrict such authority to a single transaction or to a period of time, or make any other appropriate restrictions or conditions.
(2) The county board or the purchasing agent, with the approval of the county board, may authorize a county official or employee to sell surplus mobile equipment which is obsolete or not usable by the county and which has a value of less than five thousand dollars. Surplus mobile equipment which is obsolete or not usable by the county and which has a value of five thousand dollars or more shall be sold through competitive bidding.
(3) Any county official or employee granted the authority to sell surplus personal property which is obsolete or not usable by the county as prescribed in subsection (1) or (2) of this section shall make a written report to the county board within thirty days after the end of the fiscal year reflecting, for each transaction, the item sold, the name and address of the purchaser, the price paid by the purchaser for each item, and the total amount paid by the purchaser.
(4) The money generated by any sales authorized by this section shall be payable to the county treasurer and shall be credited to the funds of the department, office, or agency to which the property belonged.
(5) No person authorized by the county board or purchasing agent to make such sales shall be authorized to make or imply any warranty of any kind whatsoever as to the nature, use, condition, or fitness for a particular purpose of any property sold pursuant to this section. Any person making sales authorized by this section shall inform the purchaser that such property is being sold as is without any warranty of any kind whatsoever.
- Laws 1988, LB 828, § 2;
- Laws 2011, LB628, § 3.