(1) The Tax Commissioner may suspend any license issued pursuant to the Nebraska Pickle Card Lottery Act except a license issued pursuant to section 9-326, except that no order to suspend any license shall be issued unless the department determines that the licensee is not operating in accordance with the purposes and intent of the Nebraska Bingo Act, the Nebraska County and City Lottery Act, the Nebraska Lottery and Raffle Act, the Nebraska Pickle Card Lottery Act, the Nebraska Small Lottery and Raffle Act, the State Lottery Act, or any rules or regulations adopted and promulgated pursuant to such acts. The Tax Commissioner may suspend a license issued pursuant to section 9-326 after a hearing upon a finding by the department that the licensee is not operating in accordance with the purposes and intent of such acts.
(2) Before any license is suspended prior to a hearing, notice of an order to suspend a license shall be mailed to or personally served upon the licensee at least fifteen days before the order of suspension takes effect.
(3) The order of suspension may be withdrawn if the licensee provides the department with evidence that any prior findings or violations have been corrected and that the licensee is now in full compliance, whether before or after the effective date of the order of suspension.
(4) The Tax Commissioner may issue an order of suspension pursuant to subsections (1) and (2) of this section when an action for suspension, cancellation, or revocation is pending. The Tax Commissioner may also issue an order of suspension after a hearing for a limited time of up to one year without an action for cancellation or revocation pending.
(5) The hearing for suspension, cancellation, or revocation of the license shall be held within twenty days after the date the suspension takes effect. A request by the licensee to hold the hearing after the end of the twenty-day period shall extend the suspension until the hearing.
(6) The decision of the department shall be made within twenty days after the conclusion of the hearing. The suspension shall continue in effect until the decision is issued. If the decision is that an order of suspension, revocation, or cancellation is not appropriate, the suspension shall terminate immediately by order of the Tax Commissioner. If the decision is an order for the suspension, revocation, or cancellation of the license, the suspension shall continue pending an appeal of the decision of the department.
(7) Any period of suspension prior to the issuance of an order of suspension issued by the Tax Commissioner shall count toward the total amount of time a licensee shall be suspended from gaming activities under the Nebraska Pickle Card Lottery Act. Any period of suspension prior to the issuance of an order of cancellation shall not reduce the period of the cancellation. Any period of suspension after the issuance of the order and during an appeal shall be counted as a part of the period of cancellation.