(1) Any individual, partnership, limited liability company, or corporation which desires to sell or otherwise supply bingo equipment in this state to a licensed distributor shall first apply for and obtain a manufacturer's license from the department. Manufacturers' licenses may be renewed biennially. The expiration date shall be September 30 of every odd-numbered year or such other date as the department may prescribe by rule and regulation. An application for license renewal shall be submitted to the department at least forty-five days prior to the expiration date of the license. The license shall be applied for on a form prescribed by the department and shall contain:
(a) The business name and address of the applicant and the name and address of each of the applicant's separate locations which manufacture or store bingo equipment and any location from which the applicant distributes or promotes bingo equipment;
(b) The name and home address of the applicant;
(c) If the applicant is an individual, the applicant's social security number;
(d) If the applicant is not a resident of this state or is not a corporation, the full name, business address, and home address of a natural person, at least nineteen years of age, who is a resident of and living in this state designated by the applicant as a resident agent for the purpose of receipt and acceptance of service of process and other communications on behalf of the applicant;
(e) A sworn statement by the applicant or appropriate officer of the applicant that the applicant will comply with all provisions of the Nebraska Bingo Act and all rules and regulations adopted pursuant to the act; and
(f) Any other information which the department deems necessary.
(2) The application shall be accompanied by a biennial license fee of three thousand fifty dollars.
(3) The information required by this section shall be kept current. The manufacturer shall notify the department within thirty days of any changes to the information contained on or with the application.
(4) Any person licensed as a manufacturer pursuant to section 9-332 may act as a manufacturer pursuant to this section without filing a separate application or submitting the license fee required by this section.
(5) A licensed manufacturer shall not hold any other type of license issued pursuant to Chapter 9 except as provided in sections 9-332 and 9-632.
(6) No manufacturer or spouse or employee of the manufacturer shall participate in the conduct or operation of any bingo game or occasion or any other kind of gaming activity which is authorized or regulated under Chapter 9 except to the exclusive extent of his or her statutory duties as a licensed manufacturer or employee thereof as provided by this section and except as provided in sections 9-332 and 9-632 and the State Lottery Act. No manufacturer or employee or spouse of any manufacturer shall have a substantial interest in another manufacturer, a distributor, a manufacturer-distributor as defined in section 9-616 other than itself, a licensed organization, or any other licensee regulated under Chapter 9.