(1) The commission shall appoint one of its members as chairperson and such other officers as it deems appropriate. Members shall be reimbursed for expenses in carrying out their duties as members of the commission as provided in sections 81-1174 to 81-1177.
(2) The commission shall develop guidelines and standards for the operation of the program and shall direct the distribution and disbursement of money in the Compulsive Gamblers Assistance Fund.
(3) The commission shall appoint a director of the program, provide for office space and equipment, and support and facilitate the work of the program. The director may hire, terminate, and supervise commission and program staff, shall be responsible for the duties of the office and the administration of the program, and shall electronically provide an annual report to the General Affairs Committee of the Legislature which includes issues and policy concerns that relate to problem gambling in Nebraska. All documents, files, equipment, effects, and records belonging to the State Committee on Problem Gambling on June 30, 2013, shall become the property of the commission on July 1, 2013.
(4) The commission shall (a) provide for a process for the evaluation and approval of provider applications and contracts for treatment and other services funded from the Compulsive Gamblers Assistance Fund and (b) develop standards and guidelines for training and certification of problem gambling counselors.
(5) The commission shall provide for (a) the review and use of evaluation data, (b) the use and expenditure of funds for education regarding problem gambling and prevention of problem gambling, and (c) the creation and implementation of outreach and educational programs regarding problem gambling for Nebraska residents.
(6) The commission may adopt and promulgate rules and regulations and engage in other activities it finds necessary to carry out its duties under sections 9-1001 to 9-1007.
(7) The commission shall submit a report within sixty days after the end of each fiscal year to the Governor and the Clerk of the Legislature that provides details of the administration of the program and distribution of funds from the Compulsive Gamblers Assistance Fund. The report submitted to the Legislature shall be submitted electronically.