A trade name shall not be registered if it:
(1) Consists of or comprises immoral, deceptive, or scandalous matter;
(2) Consists of or comprises matter which may disparage, bring into contempt or disrepute, or falsely suggest a connection with, persons living or dead, institutions, beliefs, or national symbols;
(3) Consists of, comprises, or simulates the flag or coat of arms or other insignia of the United States, any state or municipality, or any foreign nation;
(4) Consists of or comprises the name, signature, or portrait of any living individual without his or her consent;
(5)(a) Is merely descriptive or misdescriptive, or is primarily geographically descriptive or geographically misdescriptive as applied to the business of the applicant, or (b) is primarily merely a surname, but nothing in this subdivision shall prevent the registration of a trade name which has become distinctive of the applicant's business in this state. The Secretary of State may accept as evidence that a trade name has become distinctive proof of continuous use by the applicant as a trade name in this state or elsewhere for five years preceding the date of the filing of the application for registration;
(6) Consists of or comprises a trade name which so resembles a trade name registered under sections 87-208 to 87-219.01, registered in this state, or the name of a business entity on file or registered with the Secretary of State pursuant to Nebraska law as to be likely to cause confusion, mistake, or deception of purchasers, except that a name, although similar, may be used if the business entity affected consents in writing and such writing is filed with the Secretary of State. The word incorporated, inc., or corporation shall not be a part of the trade name being registered unless the firm is duly incorporated in the State of Nebraska or some other state; or
(7) Consists of the word geologist or any modification or derivative of such word, and the applicant does not meet the requirements of subsection (6) of section 81-3528.