For purposes of the Nebraska Correctional Health Care Services Act:
(1) Community standard of health care means medical care of the type, quality, and amount that any individual residing within the community in question could expect to receive in that community;
(2) Department means the Department of Correctional Services;
(3) Health care services means all medical care provided by or on behalf of the department to inmates and includes the practice of medicine and surgery, the practice of pharmacy, nursing care, dental care, optometric care, audiological care, physical therapy, mental health care, and substance abuse counseling and treatment;
(4) Inmate means an individual in the custody of the department; and
(5) Medical doctor means a person licensed to practice medicine and surgery in this state.