Nebraska Revised Statute 83-1,135.03
Parolee; permission to leave; when.
A parolee serving a custodial sanction in a correctional facility or contract facility may be granted the privilege of leaving the facility during necessary and reasonable hours for any of the following purposes:
(1) Seeking employment;
(2) Working at his or her employment;
(3) Conducting such person's own business or other self-employed occupation, including housekeeping and attending to the needs of such person's family;
(4) Attending any high school, college, university, or other educational or vocational training program or institution;
(5) Serious illness or death of a member of such person's immediate family;
(6) Medical treatment;
(7) Outpatient or inpatient treatment for alcohol or substance abuse; or
(8) Engaging in other rehabilitative activities.