Nebraska Revised Statute 83-1,103.01
Lifetime community supervision; parole officer; duties.
A parole officer assigned by the Director of Supervision and Services to supervise individuals subject to lifetime community supervision pursuant to section 83-174.03 shall:
(1) Make investigations, prior to an individual subject to community supervision being released from incarceration, in cooperation with institutional caseworkers at prisons, mental health facilities, and county jails, to determine the community supervision conditions necessary to protect the public and make reasonable advance preparation for release into the community;
(2) Assist individuals subject to community supervision to comply with the conditions of supervision and to make a successful adjustment in the community;
(3) Supervise individuals subject to community supervision by keeping informed of their conduct and condition;
(4) Make reports as required by the Director of Supervision and Services to determine the effectiveness of community supervision in protecting the public or the progress of an individual subject to community supervision;
(5) Cooperate with social welfare agencies and treatment providers to ensure that individuals subject to community supervision receive any necessary services or treatment;
(6) Inform the Director of Supervision and Services when, in the opinion of the community supervision officer, an individual is in violation of the conditions of his or her community supervision, and whenever necessary exercise the power of arrest as provided in section 83-1,102;
(7) Conduct periodic reviews of the conditions of community supervision imposed on an individual as required by the Director of Supervision and Services; and
(8) Exercise all powers and perform all duties necessary and proper in carrying out his or her responsibilities.