(1)(a) A nonresident of this state who is actively engaged in the real estate business, who maintains a place of business in his or her resident regulatory jurisdiction, and who has been duly licensed in that regulatory jurisdiction to conduct such business in that regulatory jurisdiction may, in the discretion of the commission, be issued a nonresident broker's license.
(b) A nonresident salesperson employed by a broker holding a nonresident broker's license may, in the discretion of the commission, be issued a nonresident salesperson's license under such nonresident broker.
(c) A nonresident who becomes a resident of the State of Nebraska and who holds a broker's or salesperson's license in his or her prior resident regulatory jurisdiction shall be issued a resident broker's or salesperson's license upon filing an application, paying the applicable license fee except as provided in subsection (2) of section 81-885.14, complying with the criminal history record information check under subsection (4) of this section, filing the affidavit required by subsection (7) of this section, and providing to the commission adequate proof of completion of a three-hour class approved by the commission specific to the Nebraska Real Estate License Act and sections 76-2401 to 76-2430.
(2) Obtaining a nonresident broker's license shall constitute sufficient contact with this state for the exercise of personal jurisdiction over the licensee in any action arising out of the licensee's activity in this state.
(3) Prior to the issuance of any license to a nonresident applicant, he or she shall: (a) File with the commission a duly certified copy of the license issued to the applicant by his or her resident regulatory jurisdiction or provide verification of such licensure to the commission; (b) pay to the commission a nonresident license fee equal to the fee for obtaining a broker's or salesperson's license, whichever is applicable, as provided in section 81-885.14; and (c) provide to the commission adequate proof of completion of a three-hour class approved by the commission specific to the Nebraska Real Estate License Act and sections 76-2401 to 76-2430.
(4) An applicant for an original nonresident broker's or salesperson's license shall be subject to fingerprinting and a check of his or her criminal history record information maintained by the Federal Bureau of Investigation through the Nebraska State Patrol. After filing application for a license, each applicant shall furnish directly to the Nebraska State Patrol, or to a fingerprint processing service that may be selected by the commission for this purpose, a full set of fingerprints to enable a criminal background investigation to be conducted. The applicant shall request that the Nebraska State Patrol submit the fingerprints to the Federal Bureau of Investigation for a national criminal history record check. The applicant shall pay the actual cost, if any, of the fingerprinting and check of his or her criminal history record information. The applicant shall authorize release of the national criminal history record check to the commission.
(5) Nothing in this section shall preclude the commission from entering into reciprocal agreements with other regulatory jurisdictions when such agreements are necessary to provide Nebraska residents authority to secure licenses in other regulatory jurisdictions.
(6) Nonresident licenses granted as provided in this section shall remain in force for only as long as the requirements of issuing and maintaining a license are met unless (a) suspended or revoked by the commission for just cause or (b) lapsed for failure to pay the annual renewal fee.
(7) Prior to the issuance of any license to a nonresident applicant, he or she shall file an affidavit with the commission certifying that the applicant has reviewed and is familiar with the Nebraska Real Estate License Act and the rules and regulations of the commission and agrees to be bound by the act, rules, and regulations.