(1) This state hereby enacts into law and enters into the Interstate Civil Defense and Disaster Compact with all states bordering this state which have enacted or shall hereafter enact the compact in the form substantially as adopted in this state.
(2) The Governor may enter into the compact with any state which does not border this state if he or she finds that joint action with the state is desirable in meeting common intergovernmental problems of emergency disaster planning, prevention, response, and recovery.
(3) Nothing in subsections (1) and (2) of this section shall be construed to limit previous or future entry into the Interstate Civil Defense and Disaster Compact of this state with other states.
(4) If any person holds a license, certificate, or other permit issued by any state or political subdivision thereof evidencing the meeting of qualifications for professional, mechanical, or other skills, the person may render aid involving that skill in this state to meet an emergency or disaster and this state shall give due recognition to the license, certificate, or other permit.
(5) In addition to the Interstate Civil Defense and Disaster Compact, the Governor may enter into and execute on behalf of the State of Nebraska mutual aid agreements or emergency preparedness compacts with other states. Any such agreement or compact shall provide for reimbursement of all costs incurred by the State of Nebraska for actions taken in another state, for indemnification of the State of Nebraska and its employees against all claims, costs, or fees arising from actions taken in another state, and for termination of the agreement or assistance as necessary to meet disasters, emergencies, or other needs of the State of Nebraska. Any mutual aid agreement or emergency preparedness compact other than the Interstate Civil Defense and Disaster Compact which does not meet the requirements specified in this subsection shall be submitted electronically to the Legislature for approval by the Legislature before it can become effective.