Nebraska Revised Statute 81-8,265
The functions of the commission shall be to:
(1) Gather and disseminate information and conduct hearings, conferences, and special studies on problems and programs concerning Latino-Americans;
(2) Serve the needs of Latino-Americans, especially in the fields of education, employment, health, housing, welfare, and recreation by offering such services as it may establish for the translation of documents and for the direct assistance of clients, exclusive of legal representation, in matters relating to any federal department or agency or any department or agency of the state or a political subdivision thereof;
(3) Develop, coordinate, and assist public and private organizations and coordinate and assist the efforts of state departments and agencies to serve the needs of Latino-Americans;
(4) Propose new programs concerning Latino-Americans;
(5) Evaluate existing programs and proposed legislation concerning Latino-Americans;
(6) Stimulate public awareness of the problems of Latino-Americans by conducting a program of public education and encourage the Governor and the Legislature to develop programs to deal with these problems; and
(7) Conduct training programs for community leadership and service project staff.
- Laws 1972, LB 1081, § 4;
- Laws 1983, LB 83, § 1;
- Laws 2010, LB139, § 2.