Nebraska Revised Statute 81-8,109
Chapter 81 Section 8,109
Land surveying; definitions.
For purposes of the Land Surveyors Regulation Act, unless the context otherwise requires:
(1) Board or examining board means the State Board of Examiners for Land Surveyors;
(2) Land surveyor means a person who engages in the practice of land surveying;
(3) Surveyor-in-training means a person (a) who is a graduate in an approved surveying or engineering curriculum of four years or more or who has had four or more years of experience in surveying work of a character satisfactory to the examining board and (b) who has successfully passed the examination in the fundamental surveying subjects and has received from the examining board a certificate stating that that portion of the examination has been successfully passed. The fee for such certificate and for the renewal of such certificate shall be set by the examining board; and
(4) Land surveying means the establishment or reestablishment of corners and boundaries and the location of lots, parcels, tracts, or divisions of land, which may include distance, direction, elevation, and acreage, and the correct determination and description of lots, parcels, tracts, or divisions of land for, but not limited to, any of the following purposes:
(a) To furnish a legal description of any tract of land to be used in the preparation of deeds of conveyance when the description is not the same as the one in the deed of conveyance to the current owner or when bearings, distances, or measurements are needed to properly describe the tract being conveyed;
(b) To furnish a legal description of any land surveyed to be used in the platting or subdividing of the land;
(c) To determine the amount of acreage contained in any land surveyed; or
(d) To furnish a topographic plat of a lot, parcel, tract, or division of land and locating natural and artificial features in the air, on the surface or subsurface of the earth, and on the beds or surface of bodies of water for the purpose of establishing the facts of size, area, shape, topography, and orientation of improved or unimproved real property and appurtenances to the real property.
- Laws 1957, c. 383, § 2, p. 1332;
- Laws 1971, LB 442, § 1;
- Laws 1989, LB 263, § 1;
- Laws 1994, LB 874, § 2;
- Laws 2015, LB138, § 7.