Data and research initiatives by the health care data analysis section of the Department of Health and Human Services shall:
(1) Promote applied research on health care delivery, outcomes, costs, quality, and management;
(2) Conduct research and promote health care applications based on scientifically sound and statistically valid methods;
(3) Emphasize data that is useful and relevant and is not redundant of existing data;
(4) Be structured to minimize the administrative burden on health plans, health care providers, and the health care delivery system; and
(5) Promote continuous improvement in the efficiency and effectiveness of health care delivery.