(1) May consult with engineering authorities and organizations concerned with standard safety codes;
(2) Shall recommend to the State Fire Marshal rules and regulations governing the operation, maintenance, servicing, construction, alteration, installation, and inspection of conveyances;
(3) Shall recommend to the State Fire Marshal qualifications for licensure as an elevator mechanic or elevator contractor and conditions for disciplinary actions, including suspension or revocation of a license;
(4) Shall recommend to the State Fire Marshal rules and regulations for temporary and emergency elevator mechanic thirty-day licenses;
(5) Shall recommend to the State Fire Marshal an enforcement program which will ensure compliance with the Conveyance Safety Act and the rules and regulations adopted and promulgated pursuant to the act. The enforcement program shall include the identification of property locations which are subject to the act, issuing notifications to violating property owners or operators, random onsite inspections and tests on existing installations, and assisting in development of public awareness programs; and
(6) Shall make recommendations to the State Fire Marshal regarding variances under section 81-5,217, continuing education providers under section 81-5,235, and license disciplinary actions under section 81-5,237.