Nebraska Revised Statute 81-5,211
For purposes of the Conveyance Safety Act:
(1) Certificate of inspection means a document issued by the State Fire Marshal that indicates that the conveyance has had the required safety inspection and tests and that the required fees have been paid;
(2) Committee means the Conveyance Advisory Committee;
(3) Conveyance means any elevator, dumbwaiter, vertical reciprocating conveyor, escalator, moving sidewalk, automated people mover, and other equipment enumerated in section 81-5,215 and not exempted under section 81-5,216;
(4) Elevator contractor means any person who is engaged in the business of contracting services for erecting, constructing, installing, altering, servicing, testing, repairing, or maintaining conveyances;
(5) Elevator mechanic means any person who is engaged in erecting, constructing, installing, altering, servicing, repairing, testing, or maintaining conveyances; and
(6) Person means an individual, a partnership, a limited liability company, a corporation, and any other business firm or company and includes a director, an officer, a member, a manager, and a superintendent of such an entity.