Nebraska Revised Statute 81-5,191
For purposes of the Nebraska Amusement Ride Act, unless the context otherwise requires:
(1) Amusement ride shall mean any mechanical device that carries or conveys passengers along, around, or over a fixed or restricted route or course or within a defined area for the purpose of giving its passengers amusement, pleasure, or excitement, but such term shall not include (a) any single-passenger coin-operated ride that is manually, mechanically, or electrically operated and customarily placed in a public location and that does not normally require the supervision or services of an operator or (b) nonmechanized playground equipment, including, but not limited to, swings, seesaws, stationary spring-mounted animal features, rider-propelled merry-go-rounds, climbers, slides, trampolines, and physical fitness devices. Bungee jumping is specifically designated as an amusement ride for purposes of the act and shall mean the sport, activity, or other practice of jumping, diving, stepping out, dropping, or otherwise being released into the air while attached to a bungee cord, whereby the cord stretches, stops the fall, lengthens, and shortens allowing the person to bounce up and down, and is intended to finally bring the person to a stop at a point above a surface or the ground;
(2) Bungee cord shall mean a cord made of rubber, latex, or other elastic-type material, whether natural or synthetic;
(3) Operator shall mean a person actually engaged in or directly controlling the operations of an amusement ride;
(4) Owner shall mean a person who owns, leases, controls, or manages the operations of an amusement ride and may include the state or any political subdivision of the state;
(5) Qualified inspector shall mean any person who is (a) found by the State Fire Marshal to possess the requisite training and experience to perform competently the inspections required by the Nebraska Amusement Ride Act and (b) certified by the State Fire Marshal to perform inspections of amusement rides; and
(6) Reverse bungee jumping shall mean the sport, activity, or practice whereby a person is attached to a bungee cord, the bungee cord is stretched down so that such person is on a fixed catapult, launch, or release position, and such person is catapulted or otherwise launched or released into the air from such fixed position, while attached to a bungee cord, whereby the cord stretches, stops the fall, lengthens, and shortens allowing the person to bounce up and down, and is intended to finally bring the person to a stop at a point above a surface or the ground.
- Laws 1987, LB 226, § 2;
- Laws 1994, LB 608, § 2;
- R.S.1943, (2010), § 48-1802;
- Laws 2019, LB301, § 27.
- Operative Date: July 1, 2019