Nebraska Revised Statute 81-2,245.01
Food establishment, defined.
Food establishment shall mean an operation that stores, prepares, packages, serves, sells, vends, delivers, or otherwise provides food for human consumption. The term does not include:
(1) An establishment or vending machine operation that offers only prepackaged soft drinks, carbonated or noncarbonated; canned or bottled fruit and vegetable juices; prepackaged ice; candy; chewing gum; potato or corn chips; pretzels; cheese puffs and curls; crackers; popped popcorn; nuts and edible seeds; and cookies, cakes, pies, and other pastries, that are not time/temperature control for safety foods;
(2) A produce stand that only offers whole, uncut fresh fruits and vegetables;
(3) A food processing plant;
(4) A salvage operation;
(5) A private home where food is prepared or served for personal use, a small day care in the home, or a hunting lodge, guest ranch, or other operation where no more than ten paying guests eat meals in the home;
(6) A private home or other area where food that is not time/temperature control for safety food is prepared: (a) For sale or service at a religious, charitable, or fraternal organization's bake sale or similar function; or (b) for sale directly to the consumer at a farmers market if the consumer is informed by a clearly visible placard at the sale location that the food was prepared in a kitchen that is not subject to regulation and inspection by the regulatory authority;
(7) A private home or other area where food is prepared for distribution at a fundraising event for a charitable purpose if the consumer is informed by a clearly visible placard at the serving location that the food was prepared in a kitchen that is not subject to regulation and inspection by the regulatory authority. This subdivision does not apply to a caterer or other establishment providing food for the event if the caterer or establishment receives compensation for providing the food;
(8) The location where food prepared by a caterer is served so long as the caterer only minimally handles the food at the serving location;
(9) Educational institutions, health care facilities, nursing homes, and governmental organizations which are inspected by a state agency or a political subdivision other than the regulatory authority for sanitation in the food preparation areas;
(10) A pharmacy as defined in section 71-425 if the pharmacy only sells prepackaged pharmaceutical, medicinal, or health supplement foods that are not time/temperature control for safety or foods described in subdivision (1) of this section; and
(11) An establishment which is not a commercial food establishment and which sells only commercially packaged foods that are not time/temperature control for safety foods.