Nebraska Revised Statute 81-2,162.23
Manufacture or distribution of commercial fertilizers or soil conditioners; license required; exception; application; fee; posting of license; records; contents.
(1) No person shall manufacture or distribute commercial fertilizers or soil conditioners in this state unless such person holds a valid license for each manufacturing and distribution facility in this state. Any out-of-state manufacturer or distributor who has no distribution facility within this state shall obtain a license for his or her principal out-of-state office if he or she markets or distributes commercial fertilizer or soil conditioners in the State of Nebraska.
(2) An applicant for a license shall make application to the department on forms furnished by the department. Application forms shall be submitted to the department accompanied by an annual license fee of fifteen dollars. Licenses shall be renewed on or before January 1 of each year.
(3) A copy of the valid license shall be posted in a conspicuous place in each manufacturing or distribution facility.
(4) Persons distributing custom-blended products shall maintain records of purchase orders received for custom-blended products from the date such orders are received until such products are distributed, which records shall be sufficient to show the product ordered, date of such order, purchaser, and quantity of product ordered.
(5) The provisions of this section shall not apply to any retail store which sells or offers for sale less than a five-ton volume of commercial fertilizer or soil conditioners annually.
- Laws 1975, LB 333, § 3;
- Laws 1977, LB 91, § 4;
- Laws 1980, LB 889, § 7;
- Laws 1983, LB 617, § 26;
- Laws 1992, LB 366, § 40;
- Laws 1997, LB 752, § 218;
- Laws 2015, LB93, § 8.