Nebraska Revised Statute 81-12,154
Purpose of act.
The purpose of the Business Innovation Act is to encourage and support the transfer of Nebraska-based technology and innovation in rural and urban areas of Nebraska in order to create high growth, high technological companies, small businesses, and microenterprises and to enhance creation of wealth and quality jobs. The Legislature finds that the act will:
(1) Provide technical assistance planning grants pursuant to section 81-12,157 to facilitate phase one applications for the federal grant program;
(2) Provide financial assistance pursuant to section 81-12,157 to companies receiving phase one and phase two grants pursuant to the federal grant program;
(3) Provide financial assistance pursuant to section 81-12,158 to companies or individuals creating prototypes;
(4) Establish a financial assistance program pursuant to section 81-12,159 for innovation in value-added agriculture;
(5) Establish a financial assistance program for innovation in biosciences;
(6) Establish a financial assistance program pursuant to section 81-12,160 to identify commercial products and processes;
(7) Provide financial assistance pursuant to section 81-12,161 to companies using Nebraska public or private college and university researchers and facilities for applied research projects;
(8) Provide support and funding pursuant to section 81-12,162 for microlending and microenterprise entities; and
(9) Provide support for locally owned and operated Nebraska-based, high growth businesses by providing technical resources to foster development, growth, and high wage creation. For purposes of this subdivision, Nebraska-based, high growth business means a corporation, partnership, limited liability company, limited partnership, or limited liability partnership registered with the Secretary of State that has two to fifty employees and has annual sales of no less than five hundred thousand dollars and no more than two million five hundred thousand dollars.