For purposes of the Business Innovation Act:
(1) Department means the Department of Economic Development;
(2) Federal grant program means the federal Small Business Administration's Small Business Innovation Research grant program or Small Business Technology Transfer grant program;
(3) Microenterprise means a for-profit business entity with not more than ten full-time equivalent employees;
(4) Prototype means an original model on which something is patterned by a resident of Nebraska or a company located in Nebraska; and
(5) Value-added agriculture means increasing the net worth of food or nonfood agricultural products by processing, alternative production and handling methods, collective marketing, or other innovative practices.