(1) Whenever it appears to the director that the sale of any security is subject to registration under the Securities Act of Nebraska and is being offered or has been offered for sale without such registration, he or she may order the issuer or offerer of such security to cease and desist from the further offer or sale of such security unless and until it has been registered under the act.
(2) Whenever it appears to the director that any person is acting as a broker-dealer, issuer-dealer, agent, investment adviser, or investment adviser representative without registration as such or acting as a federal covered adviser without making a notice filing under the act, he or she may order such person to cease and desist from such activity unless and until he or she has been registered as such or has made the required notice filing under the act.
(3) Whenever it appears to the director that any person is violating section 8-1102, he or she may order the person to cease and desist from such activity.
(4) The director may, after giving reasonable notice and an opportunity for a hearing under this section, impose a fine not to exceed twenty-five thousand dollars per violation, in addition to costs of the investigation, upon a person found to have engaged in any act or practice which would constitute a violation of the act or any rule and regulation or order under the act, except that the director shall not impose a fine upon any person in connection with a transaction made pursuant to subdivision (23) of section 8-1111 for any statement of a material fact made or for an omission of a material fact required to be stated or necessary to make the statement made not misleading unless such statement or omission was made with the intent to defraud or mislead. The fine and costs shall be in addition to all other penalties imposed by the laws of this state. The director shall collect the fines and costs and remit them to the State Treasurer. The State Treasurer shall credit the costs to the Securities Act Cash Fund and distribute the fines in accordance with Article VII, section 5, of the Constitution of Nebraska. Imposition of any fine and payment of costs under this subsection may be appealed pursuant to section 8-1119. If a person fails to pay the fine or costs of the investigation referred to in this subsection, a lien in the amount of the fine and costs shall be imposed upon all of the assets and property of such person in this state and may be recovered by an action by the director and remitted to the State Treasurer. The State Treasurer shall credit the costs to the Securities Act Cash Fund and distribute the fines in accordance with Article VII, section 5, of the Constitution of Nebraska. Failure of the person to pay a fine and costs shall also constitute a forfeiture of his or her right to do business in this state under the Securities Act of Nebraska.
(5) After such an order has been made under subsection (1), (2), (3), or (4) of this section, if a request for a hearing is filed in writing within fifteen business days of the issuance of the order by the person to whom such order was directed, a hearing shall be held by the director within thirty business days after receipt of the request, unless both parties consent to a later date or the director or a hearing officer sets a later date for good cause. If no hearing is requested within fifteen business days of the issuance of the order and none is ordered by the director, the order shall automatically become a final order and shall remain in effect until it is modified or vacated by the director. If a hearing is requested or ordered, the director, after notice of and opportunity for hearing, shall enter his or her written findings of fact and conclusions of law and may affirm, modify, or vacate the order.