For purposes of sections 79-232 to 79-246:
(1) Enrollment option program means the program established in section 79-234;
(2) Option school district means the public school district that an option student chooses to attend instead of his or her resident school district;
(3) Option student means a student that has chosen to attend an option school district, including an open enrollment option student or a student who resides in a learning community and began attendance as an option student in an option school district in such learning community prior to the end of the first full school year for which the option school district will be a member of such learning community, but, for school years prior to school year 2017-18, not including a student who resides in a learning community and who attends pursuant to section 79-2110 another school district in such learning community;
(4) Open enrollment option student means a student who resides in a school district that is a member of a learning community, attended a school building in another school district in such learning community as an open enrollment student pursuant to section 79-2110, and attends such school building as an option student pursuant to section 79-235.01;
(5) Resident school district means the public school district in which a student resides or the school district in which the student is admitted as a resident of the school district pursuant to section 79-215; and
(6) Siblings means all children residing in the same household on a permanent basis who have the same mother or father or who are stepbrother or stepsister to each other.