79-1147. Temporary residential care; payment by state; when.

Whenever a child with a disability must temporarily reside in a residential facility, boarding home, or foster home in order to receive an appropriate special education program, the State of Nebraska shall provide for the ordinary and reasonable cost of the residential care during the duration of the special education program. The state shall not be required to pay such cost unless placement of the child in a special education program requiring residential care was made by the school district of residence with the prior approval of the State Department of Education or was made pursuant to sections 79-1162 to 79-1167.

Source:Laws 1987, LB 367, § 34; R.S.1943, (1994), § 79-3335; Laws 1996, LB 900, § 829; Laws 1997, LB 346, § 33.