Nebraska Revised Statute 79-11,122
Chapter 79 Section 11,122
Division; administration; director; appointment; duties.
The Division of Rehabilitation Services shall be administered, under the general supervision and direction of the Commissioner of Education, by a director appointed by the commissioner, with the approval of the State Board of Education, in accordance with established personnel standards and on the basis of his or her education, training, experience, and demonstrated ability in the field of vocational rehabilitation. In carrying out duties under sections 79-11,121 to 79-11,132, the director shall:
(1) With the approval of the commissioner, prepare rules and regulations for adoption and promulgation by the State Board of Education governing (a) personnel standards, (b) protection of records and confidential information, (c) eligibility investigation and determination for vocational rehabilitation services, (d) procedures for fair hearings, and (e) such other matters as the director finds necessary to carry out the purposes of such sections;
(2) With the approval of the commissioner, establish and maintain appropriate subordinate administrative units within the division;
(3) Recommend to the commissioner for the appointment of such personnel as the director deems necessary for the efficient performance of the functions of the division;
(4) Prepare and submit to the State Board of Education annual reports of the activities and expenditures and, prior to each regular session of the Legislature, estimates of sums required for carrying out the provisions of such sections and estimates of the amounts to be made available for this purpose from all sources;
(5) Make certification for disbursement, in accordance with rules and regulations, of funds available for vocational rehabilitation;
(6) With the approval of the commissioner and the State Board of Education, take such other action as the director deems necessary or appropriate to carry out the purposes of such sections; and
(7) With the approval of the commissioner and the State Board of Education, when the director deems it advisable, delegate to any officer or employee of the division such powers and duties, except the making of regulations and the making of recommendations for the appointment of personnel, as the director finds necessary to carry out the purposes of such sections.
- Laws 1955, c. 324, § 2, p. 1001;
- R.S.1943, (1994), § 79-1447;
- Laws 1996, LB 900, § 904.