As used in sections 77-1244 to 77-1246:
(1) The term air carrier means any person, firm, partnership, limited liability company, corporation, association, trustee, receiver, or assignee and all other persons, whether or not in a representative capacity, undertaking to engage in the carriage of persons or cargo for hire by aircraft. Any air carrier as herein defined engaged solely in intrastate transportation, whose flight equipment is based at only one airport within the state, shall be excepted from taxation under this section, but shall be subject to taxation in the same manner as other locally assessed property;
(2) The term aircraft arrivals and departures means (a) the number of scheduled landings and takeoffs of the aircraft of an air carrier, (b) the number of scheduled air pickups and deliveries by the aircraft of such carrier, and (c) in the case of nonscheduled operations, shall include all landings and takeoffs, pickups, and deliveries;
(3) The term flight equipment means aircraft fully equipped for flight and used within the continental limits of the United States;
(4) The term originating revenue means revenue to an air carrier from the transportation of revenue passengers and revenue cargo exclusive of the revenue derived from the transportation of express or mail; and
(5) The term revenue tons handled by an air carrier means the weight in tons of revenue passengers and revenue cargo received and discharged as originating or terminating traffic.