(1) A participating driver must possess a valid driver's license, proof of registration, and proof of automobile liability insurance and be at least twenty-one years of age.
(2) Prior to permitting a person to act as a driver, the transportation network company shall obtain and review a national criminal history record information check. The criminal disposition information retrieved by the transportation network company's national criminal history record information check shall be at least as comprehensive as the criminal disposition information retrieved by a national criminal history record information check performed by the Federal Bureau of Investigation pursuant to section 81-6,120. Nothing in this subsection shall be construed to require fingerprinting as part of the national criminal history record information check.
(3) A person who has four or more moving traffic violations or one or more major traffic violations in the three years prior to the date of the criminal background check shall not serve as a driver. For purposes of this subsection, the following offenses shall constitute major traffic violations:
(a) Failure to stop and report or render aid as required under section 60-696 or 60-697;
(b) Reckless driving in violation of any city or village ordinance or of section 60-6,213, 60-6,214, or 60-6,217;
(c) Speeding of more than thirty-five miles per hour over the speed limit; and
(d) Failure to yield to a pedestrian resulting in bodily injury to a pedestrian.
(4) A person who has been convicted of or pled guilty or nolo contendere to driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol in the previous seven years in this state or any other state or territory prior to the date of the criminal background check shall not serve as a driver.
(5) A person who is required to register as a sex offender or who has been convicted of or pled guilty or nolo contendere to any offense involving fraud, use of a motor vehicle to commit a felony, a crime involving property damage, theft, acts of violence, or acts of terror shall not serve as a driver.