Nebraska Revised Statute 75-3,100
Registration; suspend, revoke, cancel, or refuse to issue or renew; conditions; notice; hearing; petition; reinstatement, issuance, or renewal; fee.
(1) The director may suspend, revoke, cancel, or refuse to issue or renew a registration pursuant to the unified carrier registration plan and agreement:
(a) If the applicant or registrant has had his or her license issued under the International Fuel Tax Agreement Act revoked or the director refused to issue or refused to renew such license;
(b) If the applicant's or registrant's registration certificate issued pursuant to the International Registration Plan Act has been suspended, revoked, or canceled or the director refused to issue or renew such certificate; or
(2) Prior to taking any action pursuant to subsection (1) of this section, the director shall notify and advise the applicant or registrant of the proposed action and the reasons for such action in writing, by regular United States mail, to the last-known business address as shown on the application for the registration or renewal. The notice shall also include an advisement of the procedures in subsection (3) of this section.
(3) The applicant or registrant may, within thirty days after the mailing of the notice, petition the director in writing for a hearing to contest the proposed action. The hearing shall be commenced in accordance with the Administrative Procedure Act. If a petition is filed, the director shall, within twenty days after receipt of the petition, set a hearing date at which the applicant or registrant may show cause why the proposed action should not be taken. The director shall give the applicant or registrant reasonable notice of the time and place of the hearing. If the director's decision is adverse to the applicant or registrant, such person may appeal the decision in accordance with the Administrative Procedure Act.
(4) The filing of the petition shall stay any action by the director until a hearing is held and a final decision and order is issued.
(5) If no petition is filed at the expiration of thirty days after the date on which the notification was mailed, the director may take the proposed action described in the notice.
(6) If, in the judgment of the director, the applicant or registrant has complied with or is no longer in violation of the provisions for which the director took action under this section, the director may reinstate the registration without delay. An applicant for reinstatement, issuance, or renewal of a registration within three years after the date of suspension, revocation, cancellation, or refusal to issue or renew shall submit a fee of one hundred dollars to the director. The director shall remit the fee to the State Treasurer for credit to the Highway Cash Fund.
- Laws 2020, LB944, § 87.
- Operative Date: November 14, 2020