The commission shall:
(1) Until July 1, 2021, fix all necessary rates, charges, and regulations governing and regulating the transportation, storage, or handling of household goods by any common carrier in Nebraska intrastate commerce;
(2) Fix all necessary rates, charges, and regulations governing and regulating the transportation of passengers by any common carrier in Nebraska intrastate commerce;
(3) Until July 1, 2021, make all necessary classifications of household goods that may be transported, stored, or handled by any common carrier in Nebraska intrastate commerce, such classifications applying to and being the same for all common carriers;
(4) Authorize the transportation of (a) household goods under a license issued pursuant to section 75-304.03 or (b) employees of a railroad carrier under a license issued pursuant to section 75-304.04;
(5) Prevent and correct the unjust discriminations set forth in section 75-126;
(6) Enforce all statutes and commission regulations pertaining to rates and, if necessary, institute actions in the appropriate court of any county in which the common carrier involved operates except actions instituted pursuant to sections 75-140 and 75-156 to 75-158. All suits shall be brought and penalties recovered in the name of the state by or under the direction of the Attorney General; and
(7) Enforce the Major Oil Pipeline Siting Act and the State Natural Gas Regulation Act.