The State Trauma Advisory Board shall:
(1) Advise the department regarding trauma care needs throughout the state;
(2) Advise the Board of Emergency Medical Services regarding trauma care to be provided throughout the state by out-of-hospital and emergency medical services;
(3) Review the regional trauma plans and recommend changes to the department before the department adopts the plans;
(4) Review proposed departmental rules and regulations for trauma care;
(5) Recommend modifications in rules regarding trauma care; and
(6) Draft a five-year statewide prevention plan that each trauma care region shall implement.