No person shall act as a paid dining assistant in a nursing home unless such person:
(1) Is at least sixteen years of age;
(2) Is able to speak and understand the English language or a language understood by the nursing home resident being fed by such person;
(3) Has successfully completed at least eight hours of training as prescribed by the department for paid dining assistants;
(4) Has no adverse findings on the Nurse Aide Registry or the Adult Protective Services Central Registry; and
(5) Has no adverse findings on the central registry created in section 28-718 if the nursing home which employs such person as a paid dining assistant has at any one time more than one resident under the age of nineteen years.