For purposes of the Infant Hearing Act:
(1) Birth admission means the time after birth that the newborn remains in the hospital or other health care facility prior to discharge;
(2) Birthing facility means a hospital or other health care facility in this state which provides birthing and newborn care services;
(3) Confirmatory testing facility means a hospital or other health care facility in this state which provides followup hearing tests;
(4) Infant means a child from thirty days through twelve months old;
(5) Newborn means a child from birth through twenty-nine days old; and
(6) Parent means a natural parent, stepparent, adoptive parent, legal guardian, or other legal custodian of a child.