69-2414. Records; amendment; procedure.

Any person who is denied the right to purchase or receive a handgun as a result of procedures established by sections 69-2410 to 69-2423 may request amendment of the record pertaining to him or her by petitioning the Nebraska State Patrol. If the Nebraska State Patrol fails to amend the record within seven days, the person requesting the amendment may petition the county court of the county in which he or she resides for an order directing the patrol to amend the record. If the person proves by a preponderance of the evidence that the record should be amended, the court shall order the record be amended. If the record demonstrates that such person is not prohibited from receipt or possession of a handgun by state or federal law, the Nebraska State Patrol shall destroy any records it maintains which contain any information derived from the criminal history record check.

Source:Laws 1991, LB 355, ยง 13.