(a) Every person holding funds or other property, tangible or intangible, presumed abandoned under the Uniform Disposition of Unclaimed Property Act shall report to the State Treasurer with respect to the property as hereinafter provided.
(b) The report shall be verified and shall include:
(1) Except with respect to traveler's checks and money orders, the name, if known, and last-known address, if any, of each person appearing from the records of the holder to be the owner of any property presumed abandoned under the act;
(2) In case of unclaimed funds of life insurance corporations, the full name of the insured or annuitant and his or her last-known address according to the life insurance corporation's records;
(3) The nature and identifying number, if any, or description of the property and the amount appearing from the records to be due;
(4) The date when the property became payable, demandable, or returnable, and the date of the last transaction with the owner with respect to the property; and
(5) Other information which the State Treasurer may prescribe by rule as necessary for the administration of the act.
(c) If the person holding property presumed abandoned is a successor to other persons who previously held the property for the owner, or if the holder has changed his or her name while holding the property, he or she shall file with his or her report all prior known names and addresses of each holder of the property.
(d) The report shall be filed before November 1 of each year as of June 30 next preceding, but the report of life insurance corporations shall be filed before May 1 of each year as of December 31 next preceding. A one-time supplemental report shall be filed by life insurance corporations with regard to property subject to section 69-1307.05 before November 1, 2003, as of December 31, 2002, as if section 69-1307.05 had been in effect before January 1, 2003. The property must accompany the report unless excused by the State Treasurer for good cause. The State Treasurer may postpone the reporting date upon written request by any person required to file a report. Any person holding intangible property presumed abandoned due to be reported with a cumulative value of fifty dollars or less in a single reporting year shall not be required to report the property in that year but shall report the property in any year when the property value or total report value exceeds fifty dollars.
(e) If the holder of property presumed abandoned under the act knows the whereabouts of the owner and if the owner's claim has not been barred by the statute of limitations, the holder shall, before filing the annual report, communicate with the owner and take necessary steps to prevent abandonment from being presumed. The holder shall exercise due diligence to ascertain the whereabouts of the owner.
(f) Verification, if made by a partnership, shall be executed by a partner; if made by a limited liability company, by a member; if made by an unincorporated association or private corporation, by an officer; and if made by a public corporation, by its chief fiscal officer.