The department shall adopt and promulgate rules and regulations, as necessary, to implement sections 68-1501 to 68-1519, including:
(1) Standards and procedures for determining approval of qualified programs and services to participate under sections 68-1501 to 68-1519;
(2) Identification of the need for programs and services of families providing for a disabled family member in the home or of disabled persons in an independent living situation;
(3) Identification of the need for support to families and disabled persons and procedures for the provision of support under sections 68-1501 to 68-1519;
(4) Procedures for review of each family or disabled person receiving support under sections 68-1501 to 68-1519;
(5) Procedures and guidelines for determining priorities, eligibility standards, and eligibility criteria for the selection of families and disabled persons to participate in programs pursuant to sections 68-1501 to 68-1519;
(6) Procedures and guidelines for determining when support pursuant to sections 68-1501 to 68-1519 would be a duplication of support from other support programs or would result in excessive support to a family or disabled person; and
(7) An annual determination of the family income guidelines necessary to carry out the provisions of section 68-1512. Such guidelines shall be based on population, per capita income, and other data provided by the United States Department of Commerce, Bureau of the Census.