The department, in considering the needs and eligibility criteria of families and disabled persons, shall consider various factors, including, but not limited to:
(1) Total family income, except that the amount which the spouse may designate as provided in section 68-922 shall be excluded in determining total family income per month;
(2) The cost of providing supplemental services to the family or the disabled person;
(3) The need for each program or service received by the family or the disabled person;
(4) The eligibility of the family or the disabled person for other support programs;
(5) The costs of providing for the family or the disabled person in an independent living situation, notwithstanding the special circumstances of providing for a disabled person;
(6) The number of persons in the family; and
(7) The availability of insurance to cover the cost of needed programs and services.
If assets have been designated for an individual in accordance with section 68-922, such assets shall not be considered in determining the eligibility for support of the individual's disabled spouse.