In order to qualify for assistance to the aged, blind, or disabled, an individual:
(1) Must be a bona fide resident of the State of Nebraska, except that a resident of another state who enters the State of Nebraska solely for the purpose of receiving care in a home licensed by the Department of Health and Human Services shall not be deemed to be a bona fide resident of Nebraska while such care is being provided;
(2) Shall not be receiving care or services as an inmate of a public institution, except as a patient in a medical institution, and if the individual is a patient in an institution for tuberculosis or mental diseases, he or she has attained the age of sixty-five years;
(3) Shall not have deprived himself or herself directly or indirectly of any property whatsoever for the purpose of qualifying for assistance to the aged, blind, or disabled;
(4) May receive care in a public or private institution only if such institution is subject to a state authority or authorities which shall be responsible for establishing and maintaining standards for such institutions; and
(5) Must be in need of shelter, maintenance, or medical care.