(1) The Clean-burning Motor Fuel Development Fund is created. The fund shall consist of grants, private contributions, and all other sources.
(2) The fund shall be used by the Department of Environment and Energy to provide rebates under the Nebraska Clean-burning Motor Fuel Development Act up to the amount transferred under subsection (3) of this section. No more than thirty-five percent of the money in the fund annually shall be used as rebates for flex-fuel dispensers. The department may use the fund for necessary costs in the administration of the act up to an amount not exceeding ten percent of the fund annually.
(3) Within five days after August 30, 2015, the State Treasurer shall transfer five hundred thousand dollars from the General Fund to the Clean-burning Motor Fuel Development Fund to carry out the Nebraska Clean-burning Motor Fuel Development Act.
(4) Any money in the fund available for investment shall be invested by the state investment officer pursuant to the Nebraska Capital Expansion Act and the Nebraska State Funds Investment Act.
(5) The State Treasurer shall transfer two hundred thousand dollars from the Clean-burning Motor Fuel Development Fund to the General Fund on or before June 30, 2018, on such dates and in such amounts as directed by the budget administrator of the budget division of the Department of Administrative Services.