(1) A moped shall be entitled to full use of a traffic lane of any highway with an authorized speed limit of forty-five miles per hour or less, and no vehicle shall be operated in such a manner as to deprive any moped of the full use of such lane, except that mopeds and motorcycles may be operated two abreast in a single lane.
(2) No person shall operate a moped between lanes of traffic or between adjacent lines or rows of vehicles.
(3) Mopeds shall not be operated more than two abreast in a single lane.
(4) Any person who operates a moped on a roadway with an authorized speed limit of more than forty-five miles per hour shall ride as near to the right side of the roadway as practicable and shall not ride more than single file.
(5) No person who rides upon a moped shall attach himself, herself, or the moped to any other vehicle on a roadway.
(6) Mopeds shall not be operated on the National System of Interstate and Defense Highways or on sidewalks.
(7) Notwithstanding the maximum speed limits in excess of twenty-five miles per hour established in section 60-6,186, no person shall operate any moped at a speed in excess of thirty miles per hour.
(8) For purposes of this section, motorcycle does not include an autocycle.